For most business users, Microsoft Office is the program that gets the most use. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint shape the way we work. With the latest version of Office, new features and improvements have been incorporated into the software we’re all famaliar with. Microsoft has stopped support for Office 2003 and it is no longer being sold in stores or pre-loaOffice Small Businessded on new workstations. Now is the time to make the move to Office 2007.
I personally moved to 2007 Office Enterprise edition, and I use the basic programs heavily. There have been a few changes in the appearance of the toolbars that take getting used to, but over all there are some great benefits to upgrading. I have seen vast improvments in Outlook searching, and PowerPoint makes it easier than ever to make impressive, professional presentations.
Listed below are some of Microsoft’s ways that Office 2007 will improve user productivity.
1. Find Information Faster. Instant Search technology built into the Microsoft Outlook 2007 messaging and collaboration client works like a search engine for your email.
2. Spend Less On Marketing. Templates in Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 help you product your own professional-looking prochures, flyers, newsletters, emails, and more.
3. Manage Customers More Efficiently. Business Contact Manager in Outlook 2007 lets you manager detailed customer and prospect information all in one place.
4. Avoid Unexpected IT Costs. Improved junk mail and anti-phishing filters in Outlook 2007 help you protect your PC’s from potentially costly Internet dangers.
5. More Compatibility. As more people upgrade to Office 2007, you will continue to see more .docx, .xlsx and other 2007 formatted files from your clients and vendors. Expanding from view-only on these files improves your productivity.
The following table provides a brief overview of each of the versions and will help you determine the version your office needs.
Making the Move to Office 2007 can cost a lot less than you think- especially considering that it can run on the Windows XP operating system, so you get full functionality without having to upgrade your operating system. In fact, because of its tools and features, you can reduce your costs of doing business over the long term.
As a Microsoft Partner, we have special offers that can help you save even more on Office Small Business 2007. We’ll also let you know if you can benefit from volume licensing options and quality for Microsoft financing.
In addition, Microsoft is currently running a rebate program that 5 or more licenses of Office or most other Microsoft software qualify for. Microsoft’s Big Easy Offer give you a rebate in the form of a Partner subsidy voucher. You can use this towards other products or services your office would need in the future. Visit the Big Easy site, or call our office for more details. An example of the savings with Big Easy is 10 licenses of Office 2007 Small Business edition earns $350 in rebates. This is a limited time offer through June 26, so if this is something your company would like to take advantage of, please call our office soon.
The entire EDC staff is always avaliable to speak with you about the details of upgrading software, and there’s plenty of product details on Microsoft’s website: www.office.microsoft.com